Also included in
- 6 Reading Comprehension Strategy packages with slideshow lesson, handouts, posters, detailed lesson plans, and YouTube videos. Teach (or remind students) HOW to Read for Meaning. Help students actively engage with the text (instead of just passively saying the words.) Perfect for IN-PERSON learning$33.00$65.00Save $32.00
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ NINETEEN (19) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$138.73$277.46Save $138.73
Help students develop stronger inferences by showing them HOW to come up with an inference, and HOW to check their inference to make it stronger.
Distance Learning and 1:1 Google Classroom™ ready!
There's more to inferring (or inferencing) than simply reading between the lines. Some inferences are better than others.
4 PRO TIPS to help your students develop STRONGER INFERENCES that are well supported by evidence in the text and their own thinking.
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use and includes everything you need for :
- DISTANCE LEARNING or 1:1 LEARNING in Google Classroom
- FACE to FACE LEARNING in your real classroom
In this package, you get:
- strategy and an example of how to use this strategy..
- a generic INFERRING handout package that can be used with any text. This helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
- a metacognition handout/reflection questions to help students reflect on the strategy
- a rubric to assess ideas generated during reading, as well as ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
BONUS VIDEO LESSON:
- I’ve recorded the slideshow lesson as a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING:
- The text message inferring example used in this slideshow can be found here:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read!
The package only includes the Inferring strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
It is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
If you would like to use the information text in this slideshow about "building bridges over dinner and a hockey game", you can find the article here.
Reading comprehension strategies like Inferring help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
If you want this product with reading texts, please check out our .