This lesson shows students how to determine position and velocity as they track a flying bird. Every few frames, they capture the position of the bird and then plot it against time. The velocity is determined by the change in position vs time.
* “Oil Drip” Diagram, with position and time scales, make capture easy
* Instructions, worksheets, and reminders help the students get started
* Answer key quickly shows you how the lesson ends
* FREE Accompanying Video (Download
* Notes for teachers include additional video resources
The bird in the video is cute and even purrs as it shakes its head. This is charming to people of all ages.
Students enjoy learning physics in this realistic way and even ask, "Can you do this for all of physics?" Help us do that downloading now.