“How To” Writing Pieces for First & Second Graders
Are you looking for ideas to teach Informative Writing to your Primary Students? Do you want an easy to follow unit that will do just that? If so, you will find “How To” Writing Pieces for First & Second Graders a very useful addition to your writing instruction! This packet will improve your students’ ability to write “How To Play, Make, or Do” Informative Writing Pieces. In this packet, you will find the following:
1. Common Core State Standards Charts of Writing and Reading Standards for 1st & 2nd Grade.
2. How to use Mentor Texts
3. How to Choose a “How To Topic” (Anchor Chart)
4. A List of Possible topics for Playing, Making, or Doing Something Anchor Chart
5. Temporal Word List to Guide Readers Anchor Chart
6. Introduction/Topic Sentence Frames Anchor Chart
7. “Congratulatory” Closing Sentence Frames Anchor Chart
8. Two “How To” Planning Pages
9. Active Verbs, Exact Nouns, Precise Adjectives & Adverb Anchor Chart
10. Steps in Writing an “How To” Writing Piece Anchor Chart
11. More Detailed Steps Anchor Chart
12. “How To” Checklist for Peer Conferencing
13. Helpful Websites and Book Titles for “How To” Writing Pieces
14. Three options for Writing Piece Stationary in a Word document so changes can be made.