Also included in
- 6 Reading Comprehension Strategy packages with slideshow lesson, handouts, posters, detailed lesson plans, and YouTube videos. Teach (or remind students) HOW to Read for Meaning. Help students actively engage with the text (instead of just passively saying the words.) Perfect for IN-PERSON learning$33.00$65.00Save $32.00
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ EIGHTEEN (18) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! ⭐When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$138.73$277.46Save $138.73
Teach students HOW to monitor understanding and clarify thinking when reading.
Distance Learning and 1:1 Google Classroom™ ready!
There's more to figuring out what's going on in a text than just simply re-reading.
4 PRO TIPS to help your students REPAIR COMPREHENSION
Use this lesson to give students a process to help them monitor their understanding as they read. Help students clarify their thinking by making a point, use evidence from the text, and then explain how that evidence proves their point.
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use and includes everything you need for :
- DISTANCE LEARNING or 1:1 LEARNING in Google Classroom
- FACE to FACE LEARNING in your real classroom
In this package, you get:
- the slideshow lesson to walk your students through 4 pro tips to using the Repairing Comprehension strategy and an example of how to use this strategy..
- a generic Repairing Comprehension handout package that can be used with any text. This helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
- a metacognition handout/reflection questions to help students reflect on the strategy
- a rubric to assess ideas generated during reading, as well as ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
BONUS VIDEO LESSON: I’ve recorded the slideshow as a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING: https://youtu.be/M2sw01t2IVk
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read!
The package only includes the Inferring strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
It is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
If you would like to use the informational text in this slideshow about "California surfer breaks stereotypes", you can find the article here.
Reading comprehension strategies like REPAIRING COMPREHENSION help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
If you want this product with reading texts, please check out our .
Version 1.0: FREE YouTube video update September 23, 2020
- No changes to handouts.
- Includes FREE YouTube lesson
- Slideshow has been updated
- Now includes lesson plan (script)
Version 0.9: Initial release of Repairing Comprehension lesson September 15, 2020
- Includes complete slideshow and handouts
- Does not include lesson plan script or bonus youtube video lesson