Also included in
- Studies have shown that social stories can help teach children social-emotional and life skills. This bundle combines several of my social stories into one convenient purchase. Remember, TpT policy states that if you bought any of these separately (before you buy the bundle), you can be refunded for$8.99$14.00Save $5.01
Social Story Narrative - Preschool and Older - Autism/Special Ed
Studies have shown that social stories can help teach children social-emotional skills in challenging situations. One common behavioral issue seen in children with special needs is to drop to the floor when feeling angry, frustrated, or tired. Children with this behavior often do not understand why it is a problem or what they can do instead of dropping to the floor. As a result, this story is written to help them identify why they might be flopping and why it is not an effective behavior. I use simple visuals to help explain these ideas to children in the form of a story. The last part of the story tells children what they can do instead of flopping. These include asking for help, taking a break, or asking to do something else.
In this download, there are three major components:
- An 9 page PowerPoint social story that explains why children should not drop to the floor and what they could do instead. Each page contains simple images to go along with the story. The great thing about this Powerpoint is that it is FULLY EDITABLE. This means that you can change the text, erase/add images, and make other modifications to suit your individual children. Please just do not distribute or sell the modified versions.
- An 9 page PDF file that is READY TO PRINT and use with your students. Each page will be approximately 4" x 6". You can then staple or laminate the pages together to form a little Social Story Book.
- A 1 page DOC file that is fully editable. You can use this file if you prefer a 1 page format to a book. It's easy to laminate and keep near your student's desk!
Overall, this package has everything you need to teach children why they should not be flopping to the floor! I think the simple language is perfect for children as young as preschool age.
Other Social Stories:
If you are interested in my other products, please consider visiting my store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Thinkpsych I have a lot of products that are great for use in special education.
IMPORTANT: This resource comes in a ZIP file, so you will need to be able to extract it.
If you like my products and would like to be notified of new releases, please click "Follow" under my Store Name (ThinkPsych) on the right hand side of the page.
If you purchase this product, you are eligible to receive free TpT credits to use on future purchases if you leave feedback! I also greatly appreciate any feedback on my products so I can keep improving. Here are instructions on how to leave feedback:
Hover your mouse over "My TpT," and select "My Purchases."
- Under the title of each resource is a green "Provide Feedback" link.
- Click the link to go to the "Comments and Ratings" section of the resource's page.
- Fill out the feedback form completely (you must assign a grade to all six categories and leave a written comment.)
- Click "Send" to submit.
Copyright Notice: By purchasing this product, you are allowed to download and print it for noncommercial individual use. This file and finished product is copyright protected and is not to be shared or resold.