Also included in
- This fractions bundle contains the following resources:Mixed Numbers and Improper FractionsHow to Turn Mixed Numbers into Improper FractionsHow to Turn Improper Fractions into Mixed NumbersConverting Mixed Numbers into Improper Fractions WorksheetsConverting Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers WorksPrice $10.00Original Price $14.00Save $4.00
- Converting between mixed numbers and improper fractions can be a challenge for students to wrap their heads around. Give them the tools and practice they need to succeed with this set of resources!This bundle contains:How to Turn Mixed Numbers into Improper FractionsConverting Mixed Numbers into ImpPrice $3.50Original Price $5.00Save $1.50
Shhh! Converting mixed numbers to fractions is simpler than you thought! Take a peek inside this fractions resource...
This resource contains:
- A cheatsheet poster on how to turn mixed numbers into improper fractions
- A scaffolded worksheet which breaks down each step and gets students to show their working
- A worksheet for practising the quick method of converting to improper fractions
- Answer keys for each worksheet
- Colour and grayscale versions
I've found that a lot of students I've taught started Fractions units feeling quite daunted and low in confidence. At first, fractions can seem a bit tricky to grasp but I think the best thing is that once students 'click' and realise that there are methods they can use to answer types of questions, the whole topic is suddenly demystified.
I made this cheat sheet as a reference sheet to show how mixed numbers and improper fractions relate and then show the step-by-step process for converting to improper fractions. I've included a few definitions and key mathematical knowledge that students will need to complete the included practice activities.
Hope you find this useful! Happy teaching and learning! :)