Preparing to use a microscope with your students this year? Teach them how microscopes work and the proper way to use them first! This unit features several lessons that will give your students a background with a short history of the microscope, a basic understanding of how they work, and steps for how to use them. You get...
* three reading passages with 2 comprehension worksheets
- As Short History of the Microscope
- How a Microscope Works
- How to use a Microscope
* exit tickets
* 4 labs
- How water acts as a lens
- Creating a water lense to view sugar, salt, and sand
- Comparing salt, sand, and sugar using a microscope
- Viewing onion and cork cells using a microscope
* teacher notes
* steps to using a microscope review page
* 1 quiz
A great way to introduce the microscope to your budding scientists!
This mini unit pairs very well with my Parts of a Microscope