HOW TO WRITE ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
‘How to Write About Fictional Characters’ is a 13 slide PowerPoint presentation which, as with all our PowerPoints, can be tweaked, personalized and differentiated to suit your teaching needs. ELA Teaching Resources: How to write about fictional characters includes a range of tasks and activities designed to help students write about fictional characters in an analytical way.
The PowerPoint contains:
- A study of how Charles Dickens presents the character of Scrooge in the opening pages of A Christmas Carol
- An analysis of how writers convey character through the use of description, dialogue and action
- An exploration of the key ingredients of effective character creation
- Examining quotations - language choices and its effects
- A writing frame to help students produce a structured and detailed paragraph about a character