Teach students how to write goals using the SMART Goal model. This skills-based health education unit breaks down the goal writing process and empowers students to take ownership of their life.
Distance Learning Compatible
This resource is hosted on Google Drive, featuring Google Slides edition of student worksheets and can be used with Google Classroom. - - Want to learn how to use Project School Wellness resources in your distance learning classroom? Learn how on our blog!
These lessons are part of the Project School Wellness Curriculum, a skills-based health curriculum.
These lessons were created to guide students through the goal writing process. Students will learn why goal writing is valuable, how to write a SMART goal with a simple formula, how to use deliberate practice to achieve goals and more! This mini-unit comes with detailed and easy-to-follow lesson plans and includes four lessons:
- Activity #1: S.M.A.R.T. Goal Basics
- Activity #2: Introduction to Goal Writing
- Activity #3: How to Write a Goal
- Activity #4: Reflecting on My Goals
When you download, you’ll receive a full lesson plan with everything you need to teach the lesson, from the beginning of class to the end:
- Instruction Video - Just for teachers, outlining how to teach the lesson
- Teaching Guide - A detailed lesson plan
- Teaching Powerpoints
- Student Worksheets - They come as PDFs and Google Slides
- Grading Rubrics and Answer Keys - For quick and meaningful assessments
- Free updates for life!
Free Lesson Plans - Download Now!
- Download our Intro to Health bundle for free! Use this bundle to introduce students to health. Students will learn about the dimensions of health, explore the Wellness Wheel, identify what their best life looks like, and practice building healthy habits.
Free Skills-Based Health Workshop - Sign Up Here!
- A free teacher training workshop to help you discover what skills-based health education is, why it matters, and how to integrate this approach into your classroom. This self-paced workshop will help you become a teacher that not only helps students understand important health concepts but one that actually transforms how students live their daily lives.
BONUS - - This bundle also comes with our SMART Goal posters!
We provide teachers with engaging health lesson plans focused on relevant issues.
Helping you equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their well-being and thrive. Our lessons are:
- Skills-based approach - Check out our free skills-based health education workshop!
- Aligned to National Health Education Standards
- Fully Designed Plans - This means no extra planning and minimal prep!
- Comprehensive Focus - Empowering your students to live full and thriving lives!
If you like this resource, you might also like these related products:
- Analyzing Health Influences
- D.E.C.I.D.E. Model - How to Make Healthy Decisions
- Interpersonal Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
Google Drive Disclaimer
Upon purchase, you’ll receive a link to access your resource on Google Drive. Using Google Drive is the easiest way for us to edit and update resources. This allows us to quickly respond to feedback, share new features, and make sure this product is serving you well!