Show your students the fun of writing a limerick with this "how-to" packet! Project steps on the board for students to follow, show the example limerick, and let students draft out their own limericks. Have students copy onto final copy paper to hang in the hall or present to others! Packet also includes word search and making words activities.
This packet is part of a larger bundle of St. Patrick’s Day activities, which can be found here: St. Patrick's Day Math and ELA Bundle!
8.5" x 11" (letter)
- “How To Write a Limerick” presentation slides
- “How To Write a Limerick” student bookmarks
- Limerick Writing Tools:
- Limerick example sheet
- “Try Your Own Limerick!” draft sheet
- Limerick final copy sheet (portrait)
- Limerick final copy sheet (landscape)
- St. Patrick’s Day word search
- Making words activity with recording sheet and letter tiles
Ideas for Use:
- Presentation: Project the “How to Write a Limerick” slides on your
interactive whiteboard or projector. You can also print them out.
- Show students the example limerick on the board or print
copies for sudents. Go over the different aspects of a limerick.
- Have students try creating a limerick using the draft sheet.
- Print a bookmark for each student to give them a reference for remembering the steps of writing a limerick.
- Give students final copy paper to present their limericks to others!
- Other Activities:
- Use St. Patrick’s Day word search as morning or center work.
- Have students cut out letter tiles record the words they make.
More St. Patrick’s Day products:
St. Patrick's Day Math! Place Value, Fact Families, Grouping, Even and Odd
St. Patrick's Day Math and ELA Bundle!
Clip art from: www.mycutegraphics.com and www.openclipart.org