Also included in
- We cover so many types of writing throughout the year, including essays, paragraphs, all for different genres of literature. This bundle includes all the material from my store that will help you teach writing the entire school year. The following styles of writing and skills are addressed in these$75.00$93.00Save $18.00
When it comes to writing, students must master the paragraph before moving on to longer pieces. This packet will help your students get a firm grasp on what makes a good paragraph, while satisfying their never-ending desire to write about what they want! Win-win!
This fantastic narrative writing planner can be self-guided, or done in class, but regardless, it gets students practicing not only using descriptive language and sensory details, but also helps them hone their skills writing topic sentences, and ensuring sentence flow. It also helps them understand the reason for multiple drafts, including revision and editing.
You will get a ready-to-use packet including the following areas of practice and understanding:
- listing details
- narrowing list of details
- narrative details
- point of view
- writing the topic sentence
- understanding what makes a good topic sentence
- knowing the main idea and purpose of the paragraph
- developing ideas to include in paragraph
- writing a first draft
- writing a final draft
There are checklists throughout to keep students accountable! Please see preview for a better idea of what's on each page!
This packet also includes a separate sheet for peer revisions, if you wish to do that, and a sample paragraph formatted two ways--one large font to display on overhead/projector, and two-to-a -page if you want to print for student reference.
I have also included two final draft papers. One includes a reflection on the bottom, the other does not, and is a cleaner look, perhaps for display in your classroom.
When you purchase this product, you will also get a list of sensory words as a bonus!
Teacher in the Rye