How to Write a Paragraph Hamburger Paragraph Writing Template Graphic Organizer
What educators are saying
Time to teach your students how to write a paragraph in a way that’s easy and fun! Get your students excited about writing a paragraph with this fun and engaging hamburger paragraph writing template your students will love!
When you are ready to begin your unit on how to write a paragraph this NO PREP print and go Hamburger Paragraph Template is just what you need. It’s the perfect way to kick off your writing a paragraph unit. The hamburger paragraph writing graphic organizer is a great way to hook your first through third grade writers and get them excited about writing a paragraph.
When your students are learning how to write a paragraph it helps to break up the paragraph writing process into smaller “bite-sized” chunks. With the hamburger writing method, your students will be able to practice and master the skills needed to make sure they are able to start writing a paragraph correctly and with ease.
Each paragraph writing skill includes independent or partnered practice pages your students will love. This helps them to practice and fully understand each part of a paragraph before trying to apply it to their own writing. Use the included rubric and writing prompt as an assessment for your students to show off all the paragraph writing skills they have learned throughout the course of the hamburger writing unit.
The Hamburger Paragraph Template Paragraph Writing With Graphic Organizer set includes:
- 7 Days of paragraph writing lessons using the hamburger paragraph template
- Printable hamburger paragraph anchor chart posters
- How to Write a Paragraph teacher lesson plan pages that describe each lesson in step-by-step detail
- Editable hamburger writing templates for you to create your own examples in case more practice is needed
- Hamburger paragraph teacher examples to engage the students for whole-group instruction on each skill
- Independent and/or partner practice pages for each paragraph writing skill
- Hamburger writing organizers and paragraph writing prompts with primary and upper primary lines
- Paragraph writing assessment and rubric
Before you know it, your students will be on their way to writing a paragraph with a main idea sentence, 3 detail sentences, and a concluding sentence.
See What Other Teachers Are Saying . . .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a teacher-ready resource to help teach paragraph writing. I liked the activities that aligned with each section of the paragraph writing format.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Awesome way to help students organize sentences to make a paragraph. I love how you can edit the hamburger model posters to say what you want them to say!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students loved this activity! The visual of the hamburger really helped them! This resource had so many components to it which made it super helpful. This lesson was really effective overall!
More Fun and Engaging Writing Resources!
- Abbreviations - Concentration/Centers/Whole Group Match
- Biography Report Templates and Outlines for Research - Leveled
- Nonfiction Text Features Worksheets and Posters
How to get TPT CREDIT on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you credits to use towards future purchases. I value your feedback greatly.☺