How to Write a Paragraph Lesson | Worksheets | Printable & Digital
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Teach students how to write an organized paragraph with this step-by-step scaffolded paragraph writing lesson. Everything you need for a comprehensive lesson on paragraph writing is included in printable AND digital formats! A Printable PDF and Google Slides version is included!
This resource can be completed on paper or online with laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, or any device that supports Google Slides. The included Teacher's Guide includes access to the link that will allow you to make your own copy of the resource for use in Google Classroom/Google Drive.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
- Comprehensive Lesson Plan & Teacher's Guide: Instruction is scaffolded to release learning as you progress through the each portion of the paragraph writing lesson, following the “I Do, We Do, You Do” instructional approach. Each iteration of the lesson includes four steps: brainstorming, organizing, outlining, and writing.
- Modeling Materials: Instruction begins with modeling. Students take notes and follow along as each step of the writing process is explained. Graphic organizers, an outline, and writing rubric are included.
- Guided Practice Materials: The second part of the lesson involves guided practice. Working with a different prompt, students progress through the writing process together. Graphic organizers, an outline, and a writing rubric are also included for the guided practice portion of the lesson.
- Independent Practice Materials: The independent practice component of the lesson introduces a new prompt that requires students to write an organized paragraph without assistance. Once again, graphic organizers, an outline, and a writing rubric are provided.
- Transition Words Graphic Organizer: A separate graphic organizer is included for brainstorming transition words.
- Blank Templates: A blank bubble map, graphic organizer, outline, and rubric are included for use with future writing assignments.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Reading Comprehension Graphic Organizers | Printable and Digital
Character Traits Graphic Organizers | Editable, Printable, & Digital
Writing Bundle - A Printable & Digital Graphic Organizer for Every Type of Writing!
Root Words, Prefixes, and Suffixes Digital Unit Bundle
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus