“Together, we are working to create writing that is clear, direct, and thoughtful.”
This is the kind of work all of us want to see from our students. So many of them are capable of crafting this kind of work, but so few actually achieve it. How to Write an Essay Conclusion provides a simple, step-by-step process students can follow that will lead them away from dry, repetitive, and mechanical writing toward conclusions that are rich, dynamic, and thought-provoking.
Designed to challenge young writers to think about how their essay topics relate to the larger world, this system will help your students begin to craft essay conclusions with purpose and power.
How to Write an Essay Conclusion includes the following materials:
* Student Conclusion-Development Worksheets (4 pages)
* Sample Conclusions and the “Universal Human Experience” Anchor Words (2 pages)
* Detailed Teaching Instructions (7 pages)
* Instructional PowerPoint Presentation (37 slides including annotations with teaching tips)
* Reproducible Copy of the Complete Instructional Article (5 pages--see the note below)
* Links to “Google Docs” Versions of the Student Worksheets & “Universal Human Experience” Anchor Words for Online Implementation (located at the end of the teaching instructions)
NOTE: This process is based on a Hubpages article I wrote some years ago that continues to be popular today. If you search for “How to Write the Conclusion of an Essay by Wayseeker,” your search engine will take you right there. Reading it will give you a complete sense of how the system is designed.
Thank you for dropping by my store, and I love hearing your feedback!