Are you worried about fitting in all of your first grade writing content? For example, your how to writing unit. The solution? Paperless writing prompts are a great way to systematically conquer writing in first grade! The *BEST* thing is that they are mess-less, stress-less, and (almost) paperless! Over 60 standards-based how-to writing prompts--now available in Google Slides for distance learning--will engage your students, make them think creatively, and have fun!
Distance learning? No problem! Include slides in your daily digital tasks and have students respond as usual. Slides can also be printed to include in a send-home packet. In addition, this pack now includes a Google Slides format.
Prompts are organized to cut down on teacher direction-giving time during transitions. The electronic nature of the prompts creates a COPY-FREE product for teachers! Students simply respond to prompts daily in their spiral notebooks.
Prompts fall into the following categories:
- Make it Monday: Write about how to make something
- Teach Me Tuesday: Teach a skill through writing
- Wacky Wednesday: Teach how to do something silly
- I Think Thursday: Teach how to do something the student most likely does not know how to actually do
- Free Write Friday: Let students put their skills to the test with any how-to topic they choose!
Interested in trying these journals out for free? Grab the journal sample here.
- Each prompt includes an example layout or response so students can clearly see the format expected.
- This format is predictable for students, which makes expectations clear and consistent and lowers the amount of time spent asking and answering questions about directions each day.
Included in this pack, you will receive:
- 64 unique prompts (Google Slides, PowerPoint, and PDF formats all included)
- Teacher Manual
- 3 formats for differentiating learning (shown in preview)
- 100% of the text is editable!
**This product is made with 1st Grade in mind, but can easily be differentiated for 2nd grade or even higher Kindergarten levels depending on the abilities and needs of your classroom**
Try out my Paperless Morning Journals:
- Pre-K/Kindergarten FREE SAMPLE
- Pre-K/Kindergarten FULL YEAR
- 1st/2nd Grade FREE SAMPLE
- 1st/2nd Grade FULL YEAR
- 2nd/3rd Grade FREE SAMPLE
- 2nd/3rd Grade FULL YEAR
**When extracting files on a PC, it is recommended (but not required) to use a program such as WinZip**
Thanks for visiting my store! I hope you come again soon :)