How to writing in the primary grades! This procedural writing unit allows students to practice being the teacher instead of the student!
Take your students through the writer's workshop process of brainstorming, writing, editing/revising and publishing their very own how-to booklets!
Looking for more writing resources?! You can find ALL my writing resources for a fraction of the price here in my FIRST GRADE WRITING - EVERGROWING BUNDLE!
In this unit:
- How I use this unit in my classroom
- What is how to writing? Anchor chart
- Brainstorm: What can we teach others to do? Anchor chart and brainstorming sheets
- Many paper options for differentiation
- Start writing in small steps: students zoom in on small things to teach one another
- How to essays need transition words: anchor charts and printable practice pages
- Illustrations and labels add more details
- Stretch it out and add more to your writing
- Editing & Revising Sheets
- Publishing our how-to essays - publishing paper
- Rubric for grading
- 5 different how-to prompts for more practice