This multi-lesson product makes for a totally prep free way to teach writing a compare and contrast essay. Walk the students through the Powerpoint and use the set of printables provided!
This product contains:
1. A PowerPoint lesson introducing what a compare and contrast essay is and how to write it. The slides include....
- How to know when to compare and contrast
- Several brainstorming techniques with examples
- Several essay organization options with examples
- Suggestions for how to write the thesis, introduction, and conclusion
2. 6 pages of blank templates for brainstorming and templates for organizing your essay.
3. A page of transition words to use in compare and contrast essays
4. A sample compare and contrast essay to go along with the PowerPoint (written in different compare/contrast format)
5. A printable PDF version of the PowerPoint
If you enjoyed this lesson or are interested in similar lessons, please check out How to Write a Thesis Statement
, How to Write and Introduction and Conclusion
, or How To Write A Topic Sentence
How to Write the Conclusion of an Essay
Thank you and Enjoy!