These 29 Huckleberry Finn discussion questions (in task card format) are all higher-level thinking questions! They are NOT basic recall. They are difficult and thought provoking and help generate incredible conversations with students about the major themes and messages of the novel.
The entirety of the novel is covered, and the questions are broken up as follows:
Ch. 1-10 (7 questions)
Ch. 11-20 (7 questions)
Ch. 21-25 (4 questions)
Ch. 26-30 (4 questions)
Ch. 31-43 (7 questions)
We use these questions to facilitate incredible Socratic Seminar discussions, but they can be used in myriad of ways:
- small-group discussions to be presented to the class
- large-group, teacher-led discussions
- partner discussion
- essay questions
- homework assignments
For your convenience, we've also included the questions in a handout version as well!
*Note: These questions are meant to be utilized following the reading of each section of chapters.
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
- READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- INFORMATIONAL TEXT READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARD
- EVIDENCE GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
- DOUBLE-ENTRY JOURNAL READING ACTIVITY
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!