Bring energy and excitement to your unit on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn with this MASSIVE bundle of beautifully designed materials that will take your class through FIVE FULL WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSONS covering Mark Twain’s classic American novel. Everything you’ll need is here; just add a class set of Huckleberry Finn novels and you’re good to go.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle) (4-page PDF)
• An introductory lecture covering Realism
focusing on the philosophies and authors of the mid-to-late 1800s, including Mark Twain (26 slides)
• An introductory lesson focusing on the N-word
and its use in the novel (3-page PDF; 2 slides; 1 video link)
• One-Question Quizzers for The Adv. of Huckleberry Finn
to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is – and isn’t – completing nightly reading. Key included. (11-page PDF)
• Huck Finn Expert Team Activity
to focus student reading on a specific theme/author’s message as the novel is read; concludes with a team presentation. Rubric included. (3-page PDF)
• Police Report worksheet
to use with Huck’s faked crime scene at Pap’s cabin in ch. 7. Sample response included to serve as a model/key. (2-page PDF)
• Cross-curricular activity using historic non-fiction materials
from Frederick Douglass’ autobiography and a letter from a former slave to his abusive master. Includes primary source materials, deep-thinking questions, and detailed answer keys with discussion points. (7-page PDF)
• Huck Humbles Himself worksheet
to use with ch. 15; key included (2-page PDF)
• Living Large, Grangerford Style worksheet
to use with ch. 17; key included (2-page PDF)
• Col. Sherburn Shames the Mob worksheet
to use with ch. 22; key included (2-page PDF)
• Mid-Novel Review Game/Team Activity
to use after ch. 27; key included (3-page PDF)
• Map of Huck’s Adventures on the Mississippi River activity
where students dig back into the text to chart 13 separate events from Huck’s story (2-page PDF)
• Animation clip to view as quick pre-exam review (video link)
• Hands-on review activity as students plot the order of events of Huckleberry Finn and create flashcards (5-page PDF)
• 40-question end-of-unit exam (multiple choice, true/false, and quote identification) with answer key (4-page PDF)
• In-class essay prompt sheet featuring symbolic analysis that will all require mastery of Twain's text and depth of thought in students’ writing (1-page PDF)
A total of 51 printable pages, 28 slides, and links to two video clips of rich content! Tons of material to keep your students entertained and enriched.
Note: Nearly all of these items are sold separately at my store, but you’ll SAVE MORE THAN 20% by buying this bundle. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. Five of these items (the calendar, video clips, hands-on review activity, exam, and essay prompt) are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!