This is a combination of several lessons about Materials with both workbooks and presentations for introducing and teaching each lesson.
This packet includes:
- Natural vs. Man-made (presentation and worksheets)
- In depth presentation on 11 different materials with graphic explanations of origins and links to videos on how they are made.
- Presentation on Material Properties (e.g. hard, soft)
- Student reference cards on Materials Properties
- Workbook on Material Properties that can accompany a free online experiment activity (link included).
My students loved these lessons. They especially loved watching the videos that showed where materials came from. I wish I had taken a picture of their faces when they learned that leather came from cows and glass from sand (ahhh.... the wonder : ).
I have an ASL supported version of this available for free upon purchase and request.