Follow me on TpT so you are notified when my latest products are released. I post them at 50% off for the first 48 hours of being posted. Follow me so you can take advantage of my offer!
I am so happy to add this to my store! I have worked a long time on designing and creating this product. I love using Interactive Notebooks in my class. My Third Grade Team and I wanted to continue using our current spelling lists; however, we also wanted to make spelling a bit more exciting for the students and us too! We wanted to make it more meaningful for the students and for us to teach. Therefore, I have created this piece to be used with the suggested spelling lists (or you can also use your own current list.) The spelling lists given are geared toward third grade. However if you use your own spelling lists, the flippers can be used for 2nd-4th graders. I wanted the students to be able to practice spelling using relevant activities while also preserving the activities in a Spelling Interactive Notebook for future reference. I have designed the notebook to have ten activity flippers that you can pick and choose from to fit your spelling list needs. You will find certain interactive flippers to be more appropriate with certain spelling lists. The activities are repetitive so students can become familiar with them to be able to work independently. I also wanted to include a bit of clip art variety so students do not get bored. I have used different graphics for the same activities so students are still practicing the same activity but it becomes “fresh” again with the variety of seasonal clip art! The flippers are so much fun to complete and serve as a terrific resource for students. At the end of the year, I also like to keep this piece as a component for portfolios! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Skills Addressed in Flippers:
Rhyming Words/Non-Sense Words
Using Spelling Words in Context
Dictionary Definition Skills/Parts of Speech
Vowels Vs. Consonants
1) 30 Week Suggested Spelling Lists
2) Pre & Post Test Forms
3) Detailed Lesson Implementation Teacher Directions
4) Spelling Schema Prompts to Foster Classroom Discussion (Prior to doing activities--these will help begin the lesson by leading a discussion centered around the phonics rule for that week)
5) 30 Interactive Word Charts (to be glued into journal)
6) 11 Non-Sense Word Flippers (Seasonal)
7) 11 Make Up Your Own Sentences Flippers (Seasonal)
8) 11 How Many Syllables? Flippers (Seasonal)
9) Bubble Gum Synonym and Antonym Flipper (These are one of my favorites!)
10) Blowing Bubbles Synonyms and Antonyms Flipper (These are also one of my favorites!)
11) Dictionary Definition Flipper (Seasonal)
12) ABC Order Spelling Word Flipper (Seasonal)
13) Rainbow Flippers
14) Weekly Spelling Handwriting Flippers
15) Spelling Homework Practice Pages
Check out the Preview! Thank you!