Students will learn about the impact human actions and technologies have on ecosystems in the environment, and the organizations that are working to make a difference.
- identify human actions that alter balances and interactions in the environment
- identify the technologies that alter balances and interactions in the environment
- determine if human activities or technology is having a positive or negative impact
- create two dioramas that respectively depict the ‘before’ and ‘after’ of human and/or technological interference
- recognize the costs and benefits of human and technological involvement
- research, record, and share information about an ecosystem that is being affected by human activity or technology
- research, record and share information about an organization that works toward ecological sustainability
- create a pamphlet to inform the public about the efforts of the organization
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.