Also included in
- Looking for a vetted anatomy curriculum that you and your students will love? Look no further! This anatomy curriculum is perfect for a high school Anatomy and Physiology, health, or advanced Biology class and includes everything you need to teach a unit on each system of the body. Labs, doodle no$260.00$309.50Save $49.50
- This is a HUGE bundle of doodle notes, diagrams, and worksheets that are made to align with your Anatomy and Physiology or Health Science curriculum! Over 70 pages of beautifully designed, engaging diagrams and notes that will save your sanity and add creativity to your classroom! SAVE 25% with thi$95.00$121.75Save $26.75
- High school students love learning about diseases through anatomy case studies! This is a great addition to an Anatomy & Physiology, Health Sciences, or Medical Pathology course and the problem-based lessons provide a great example of real NGSS phenomena. Case studies are perfect for extending t$33.00$42.00Save $9.00
- What is included in this bundle?This bundle contains 21 labs and activities to supplement and align with a high school Biology or Human Anatomy and Physiology course. Dissections, games, lab activities, vocab matching, stations, and more are all included! Click on the preview to view these activit$73.00$91.50Save $18.50
Would you like to see how my Anatomy and Physiology course is organized and exactly what's included? I've had many requests for an overview or "scope and sequence" for my Full Year Anatomy and Physiology Course. So here it is!
What teachers are saying about this curriculum:
- "This resource was an absolute lifesaver for me! I used the Powerpoints, worksheets, and activities in this bundle as the bulk of my curriculum for the year."
- "The Powerpoint presentations and worksheets are amazing, and editable so you can add and remove whatever you need for it to work in your classroom!"
- "This is my go-to for my anatomy class."
- "Well organized, easy to use and very detailed."
- "Very straight forward and to the point, which is hard to do with the abundance of material in an anatomy class. I can not thank you enough. What a great purchase!!"
**If you'd like to purchase the PowerPoints, Illustrated Notes, or Activities separately, please see these links:
For more details about what is included for each system, please see the list below.
Want to add some rigor and fun to your Anatomy course? Check out my Anatomy Case Study Bundle!
The following topics are addressed:
Intro to Anatomy: Anatomy v. Physiology, anatomical directions, organization of the body, types of tissues (connective, epithelial, muscle, nervous)
Histology: epithelial tissues (simple, stratified), glands, connective tissues (cartilage, bone, blood, connective tissue proper)
Integumentary System: Functions of the skin, layers of the skin (epidermis, dermis, hypodermis), hair and nails
Skeletal System: Functions of the skeletal system, axial v. appendicular skeleton, structure of bones, anatomy of a bone, Haversian system, bone cells, ossification, joint structure, types of joints, names of skeletal system bones, skeletal system disorders
Muscular System: Types of muscle tissue (skeletal, smooth, cardiac), structure of a muscle, actin, myosin, contraction and relaxation, muscle fatigue, tendons, origin v. insertion, names of major muscle groups
Respiratory System: Function of the respiratory system, nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, alveoli, lungs, diaphragm, physiology of inhalation v. exhalation, hemoglobin, names of respiratory structures, factors affecting breathing, respiratory disorders
Digestive System: Functions of the digestive system, alimentary canal, accessory organs, tissue layers, salivary glands, mouth, teeth, esophagus, bolus, stomach, chyme, small intestine, villi, bile, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, large intestine, nutrition (water, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals)
Circulatory System: Function of the circulatory system, parts of blood (plasma, erthyrocytes/red blood cells/hemoglobin, leukocytes/white blood cells, platelets), clotting, blood types, donating blood, Rh factor, anatomy & physiology of the heart (pericardium, atria, ventricles, valves), SA node, AV node, blood vessels (arteries, veins, capillaries), diagrams of the major arteries and veins, pulmonary circulation, systemic circulation, common diseases of the circulatory system
Lymphatic System: Function of the lymphatic & immune systems, lymph capillaries, lymph nodes, lymphocytes, macrophages, thymus, spleen, non-specific immune responses (skin, fever, inflammation), specific immune responses (antigens, T-cells, B-cells, humoral v. cell-mediated immunity), acquired immunity, autoimmune diseases
Urinary/Excretory System: Function of excretory system, kidney structure, nephron structure, ureters, bladder, urethra, urine, kidney dialysis
Nervous System: Function of nervous system, structure of a neuron (axon, dendrites, myelin sheath, Nodes of Ranvier), synapses, types of neurons, physiology of a nerve impulse (resting potential, action potential, neurotransmitters), central nervous system v. peripheral nervous system, anatomy of the brain (meninges, cerebrum, lobes of the cerebrum, thalamus, hypothalamus, midbrain, pons, medulla oblongata, cerebellum), spinal cord, sensory v. motor divisions, reflex arc, common diseases of the nervous system, anatomy and physiology of the senses (skin, taste, smell, hearing, balance, vision)
Endocrine System: Function of the endocrine system, hormones, target cells, steroid v. non-steroid hormones, feedback loop, pituitary gland (anterior and posterior), thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, adrenal glands, gonads, thymus, pineal, hypothalamus
Male Reproductive System- function, testes, scrotum, seminiferous tubules, semen, structure of a sperm cell, epididymis, vas deferens, penis, glands
Female Reproductive System- function, ovaries, follicles, ovulation, oviducts/Fallopian tubes, uterus, fertilization, ovarian cycle, menstrual cycle
Human Development & Birth- fertilization, zygote, morula, placenta, blastocyst, amnion, chorion, allantois, fetal development