This large Human Body Bundle contains a wide variety of resources needed to teach a rigorous unit on the human body. It includes CLOSE Reading nonfiction passages to help teach your students about the human body (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching). There are text dependent questions
aligned with each passage, a set of vocabulary cards with definitions to accompany the passages, 3 different Human Body Research Reports, and much, much more. A variety of other graphic organizers and activities are included as well.
We do encourage you to supplement with any other books, videos, and websites that you already use; they will blend nicely with our CLOSE reading passages. You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• A Circulatory System Research Report
• A Digestive System Research Report
• A Respiratory System Research Report
• Seven CLOSE reading nonfiction passages:
1. Introduction to The Human Body
2. The Respiratory System
3. The Circulatory System
4. The Digestive System
5. The Nervous System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
• Seven sets of vocabulary cards with definitions, one for each CLOSE reading passage to scaffold and support vocabulary
• CLOSE Reading Instructions PowerPoint (or handout) explaining the steps of CLOSE Reading
• Anchor Charts for student annotation and Discussion Topics for CLOSE Reading
• Seven sets of “Text Dependent Questions”, one set for each CLOSE reading passage
• Common Core Essential Questions (these writing pieces can be put on your writing wall to keep writing current and visible as you incorporate writing into your science unit of study.)
• Cognitive Content Dictionary (to be made into a “book” for student vocabulary words, definitions, and pictures.
• A Venn Diagram to Compare and Contrast
• KWL Chart (you can use this at the beginning of the unit to ascertain what they may already know about the human body)
• A Tree Map Graphic Organizer (a grammar component for students to analyze the words in the passages and their parts of speech)
• CLOZE worksheets (a fill-in the blank) worksheet and answer sheet to assess vocabulary attainment and your students’ ability to utilize context clues. There are seven worksheets and answer sheets included to match the seven close reading passages.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. You can send us a “Question” through our store or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Butterfly Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions – Butterfly Report Included
Planets-Solar System Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Human Body Systems Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Volcano Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions
Animal Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Plants Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Weather Unit - Close Reading - Text Dependent Questions
Copyright 2018 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.