The Human Body Digestive System. NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on the human digestive system. No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Human Body Bundle of Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
This product includes 31 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your human body unit on the digestive system.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 31 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (31 pages)
• Complete answer keys (31 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 31 student pages include the following titles:
The Digestive System:
• Introduction to the Digestive System
• Food and Energy
• Types of Nutrients
• Carbohydrates 1
• Carbohydrates 2
• Lipids: Saturated or Unsaturated?
• Vitamins 1
• Vitamins 2
• Vitamin Deficiencies
• The Food Pyramid
• A Look at Food Labels
• Digestive System Labeling
• Digestive System Parts
• The Mouth
• Oral Cavity and Esophagus
• The Stomach
• The Small Intestine
• The Liver and Pancreas
• Digestive Enzymes
• Absorption of Nutrients
• Large Intestine
• Disorders of the Digestive System
• Thinking Critically About the Digestive System
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: True or False
• Review: Multiple Choice
The above titles will cover the following information:
• Introduction to the Digestive System: Parts of the body included in this system, function of this system, the importance of this body system.
• Food and Energy: calories, Calories, types of nutrients, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
• The Human Diet: Best food sources of specific vitamins, vitamin deficiencies, role of vitamins and minerals in the body.
• The Food Pyramid: Students will draw and label the 6 parts of the food pyramid, students will answer questions using the information from a food label.
• Students will label the parts of the human digestive system and write the generalized function of each.
• Individual pages on each of the following structures: the mouth, oral cavity and esophagus, the stomach, the small intestine, the liver and pancreas, and the large intestine.
• Digestive enzymes: amylase, pepsin, trypsin, lipase, erepsin, maltase, sucrase, lactase, and the secretion bile.
• Absorption of nutrients: End products of digestion, how the body uses nutrients, villi, microvilli, lacteals.
• Disorders of the digestive system.
• Critical thinking questions about the digestive system.
• 4 Review Pages: What’s the Relationship, Fill in the Blank, True or False, and Multiple Choice to help students prepare for the unit test.
Click on these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body and Drugs Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)