Nervous system warm ups, nervous system bell ringers, nervous system interactive notebook pages.
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on the nervous system.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Human Body Bundle of Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
This product includes 37 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your human body unit on the nervous system.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 37 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (37 pages)
• Complete answer keys (37 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 37 student pages include the following titles.
• Introduction to the Nervous System
• The Brain: An Overview 1
• The Brain: An Overview 2
• The Cerebrum
• Right Brain, Left Brain
• The Cerebellum
• The Brain Stem
• Protecting the Brain
• The Spinal Cord
• The Peripheral Nervous System
• Sympathetic Nervous System
• Parasympathetic Nervous System
• The Neuron 1
• The Neuron 2
• The Neuron 3
• The Neuron 4
• Membrane Potential
• Resting Potential
• Action Potentials Page 1
• Action Potentials Page 2
• Action Potentials (Advanced)
• The Nerve Impulse Arrives at the Synapse
• Sensory Systems
• The Eye 1
• The Eye 2
• The Ear 1
• The Ear 2
• The Ear 3
• Taste and Smell
• The Other Senses
• Diseases of the Nervous System
• Thinking Critically About the Nervous System
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review: Multiple Choice
• Review: True or False?
The above titles will cover the following information:
• Introduction to the Nervous System: Structures found in the nervous system and their functions.
• Students will label the parts of the brain and describe the function of each part: Cerebrum, cerebral hemispheres, corpus callosum, meninges, cerebrospinal fluid, cerebellum, thalamus, hypothalamus, medulla oblongata, pituitary gland, pineal gland.
• The cerebrum: Two sides, corpus callosum, four lobes of each hemisphere, white matter and gray matter.
• Right brain vs Left Brain
• The cerebellum: location and role.
• The brain stem: Upper brain stem, lower brain stem, limbic system, pons, medulla oblongata
• Protection of the brain: Meninges and cerebrospinal fluid.
• The Spinal Cord and peripheral nervous system: Functions, somatic and autonomic nervous system, sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
• The Neuron: Students will label the neuron and describe the function of each part. Cell body, dendrites, axon, axon terminals, myelin sheath, Schwann cells, nodes of Ranvier, synapse. Students will draw and label the neuron. Direction of nerve impulse, target cells, reflexes.
• Membrane potential: Definition, how membrane potential is established, sodium potassium pumps, resting potential, action potentials, threshold, changes in membrane permeability.
• The synapse: neurotransmitters, enzymes, target cells.
• Sensory receptors, sense organs.
• The eye; cornea, iris, pupil, retina, vitreous humor, optic nerve, sclera, rods and cones. Students will label the eye and describe the function of each part.
• The Ear: Students will label the ear and describe the function of each part.
• Taste and smell.
• Diseases of the Nervous System.
• Thinking Critically About the Nervous system.
• 5 Review Pages: Review the Vocabulary, What's the Relationship, Fill in the Blank, Multiple, and True/False to help review for the unit test.
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body and Drugs Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)