Introduction to the Human Body: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on human anatomy and physiology. Covers the Organization of the human body, overview of the systems of the human body, human body tissues, cavities, body regions and more! See detailed list of topics below.
19 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your introductory unit on the human body.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Try before you buy. Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sample pack includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Human Body Bundle of Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 19 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (19 pages)
- Complete answer keys (19 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
Introduction to the Human Body Titles Include:
- Organization of the Body
- Introduction to Tissues
- Overview of Organ Systems 1
- Overview of Organ Systems 2
- Name That System!
- Body Cavities
- The Language of Anatomy 1
- The Language of Anatomy 2
- The Language of Anatomy 3
- Identifying Anterior/Ventral Body Regions
- Identifying Posterior/Dorsal Body Regions
- Body Planes and Sections
- Draw These Body Sections
- Epithelial Tissues
- Classification of Epithelium
- Connective Tissue
- Muscle Tissue
- Thinking Critically About the Human Body
The above titles will cover the following information:
- Organization of the Human Body: cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, cell specialization, the advantages and disadvantages of cell specialization.
- Introduction to tissues: epithelial, connective, nervous and muscle tissues.
- Overview of organ systems. The student will give the functions and a list of body parts for each of the 11 body systems.
- Homeostasis and feedback inhibition.
- Body cavities: cranial, spinal, thoracic and abdominal.
- The language of anatomy: Directional and regional terminology used to locate and identify body parts. (Dorsal, ventral, proximal, abdominal, sacral, etc.)
- Body planes and sections.
- Students will label anterior / ventral body regions, posterior / dorsal body regions and draw sections and planes.
- Detailed pages about each body tissue type: epithelial, connective, and muscle tissues.
Click on these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body and Drugs Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page