The human body unit has always been one of my very FAVORITE units to teach! Kids love to learn about the amazing, surprising, and sometimes downright icky things that happen in their bodies, and this life-size human body model has the hands-on component to make their learning engaging, meaningful, and memorable.
This resource includes leveled reading passages for each organ and “lift-the-flap” pieces that provide a place for kids to record information directly on their models. Your kids will take learning beyond the textbook to create a life-size human body model on paper, writing key facts about the role of each organ in their bodies.
This resource has been used successfully with students of all ages--from preschool through high school. You'll find hundreds of detailed reviews from teachers across grade levels, below.
To create a life-size human body model, your kids will:
• trace their own bodies onto bulletin board paper
• color, cut and glue lift-the-flap organs onto their body outline, and
• record information about the structure and function of each organ beneath the organ flaps.
This bundle is organized into 4 printable packets with cover sheets:
1. Read About It! includes nonfiction reading passages for 12 organs (click the green preview button above to see the organs included), a passage describing ways systems work together, a cut-n-paste concept web, and an “Information Organ-izer;”
2. Write About It! includes life-size organ outlines on which kids record important information from their reading;
3. Put A Flap On It! includes life-size organ “flaps” that kids color, cut, and attach to their organ-shaped writing; and
4. Build It! includes easy-to-follow, step-by-step directions for assembling a life-size human body model (using kids’ own body outlines, traced onto bulletin board paper).
Directions are clear, simple, illustrated, and written with kids in mind. Plenty of diagrams and photos are included.
Please click the green “Preview” button above to take a closer look.
© Kiki's Classroom