This product accompanies the Human Body Coloring and Science Literacy Unit
or can accompany your own curriculum to teach human anatomy.
About this product:
The product requires a student to use reading, writing and critical thinking skills to recite, understand, apply and analyze information from the Human Body Coloring and Science Literacy Unit readings and coloring activities. The worksheet assignments in this workbook are aligned with ELA reading standards for informational text as well as ELA writing standards by requiring a student to compose informative and explanatory text over short and extended time frames.
Moreover, this product provides important and practical examples of how and why we should study the anatomy and function of the human body systems.
Epithelial, Muscle, Connective and Nervous Tissue
Circulatory System and the Heart
Nervous System and the Brain
Male and Female Reproductive System
Homeostasis (Organ Systems Working Together)
Communication: Endocrine vs. Nervous System
Fueling the Body (Cellular Respiration)
This product include:
• 22 Worksheets and 2 differentiated essays (short and long essay - 3 versions of each)
• 148 flashcards for the major tissues, organ systems and structures of the organ system (a flashcard for every structure labeled in the human anatomy coloring book)
• 2 Unit Assessments (as separate documents with answer key):
- a 39 question, 45 point exam composed of 35 multiple choice questions and 4 short answer questions that directly assesses a student's knowledge gained from the coloring book assignments and worksheets in the coloring book assistant
- a 31 question, 40 point exam composed of 21 multiple choice questions, a graphing question and 6 short answer questions that assesses a student's knowledge of human anatomy and homeostasis - this exam is composed of old regents questions and the question selection emphasizes concepts in the NYS Living Environment core curriculum and are commonly tested on the Regents exam.
Additional Human Body Teaching Materials:
Human Body Systems Overview PowerPoint, Notes & Exam
Human Body Anatomy and Function PowerPoint, Notes & Exam
Human Body Interactive Notebook Unit
Human Body Task Cards
• Download a FREE
excerpt from the Human Body Coloring Book Series HERE
• Check out ALL my Coloring Books
• Save $
by purchasing the Human Body Unit Bundle
• Save $$
with my Life Science Coloring Book Bundle