Kids love learning about the human body. It’s fascinating! Help them organize and display the information they learn about it with this fun, engaging file folder project!
Click on the PREVIEW to see everything included. Click HERE for a short VIDEO showing how to make this project!
How the Project Works
First, students customize the front of a file folder to look like themselves by using one of the many different blank or colored templates. The folder opens to show a diagram of the inside of the human torso. The face also lifts to show the brain. Numbered labels on each side of the diagram contain information about 14 different body parts. The best part? The labels are EDITABLE!
What’s Included in the File
• Step-by-step directions and link to a video of the product in action
• Two sets of different size editable labels (one in PDF and one in Microsoft Word)
• Directions for editing the labels in Microsoft Word
• 11 face templates in black & white (6 girls and 5 boys)
• 12 face templates in color (6 girls and 6 boys)
• Body diagram in black & white and color
• 2 shirt and pants templates in black & white
• 5 shirt templates in color (red, green, black, white, and white with rainbow letters)
• 2 sets of girl and boy pants templates in color
• Helpful tips and suggestions for using the project in the classroom
Parts of the Body Labeled
• small intestine
• large intestine
How to Use the Project in Your Classroom
Complete this human body project at the end of your unit study, or put it together a little at a time as you go through the unit. I suggest scheduling several days to put it together. Be sure to check out my video to see the project step-by-step. Once complete, allow students a chance to show off their finished projects! Hang them in the hallway or let students take them to show other teachers, students, and family.
A Note about the Editable Labels:
Due to the copyright on some of the graphics, only the text on the labels can be edited. The numbers on the body diagram and text on the clothing cannot be edited because of copyright. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but I want to respect the artist by following her copyright on the images.
The PDF file and Microsoft Word document come together in a zip file. Once downloaded from TPT, you need to unzip the file to access both files.
Need a project that’s a little less involved? Check out my best-seller: Human Body Systems Flip Book!
Questions or comments? Feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks so much for stopping by!