Human Body Systems - Life Science Interactive Notebook Activities
This Human Body INB/ISN Bundle contains 30 human body activities for life science and biology covering the integumentary system, muscular system, skeletal system, digestive system, circulatory/cardiovascular system, lymphatic/immune system, respiratory system, urinary/excretory system, endocrine system, nervous system, and reproductive system.
This human body INB bundle works perfectly with our Human Body Bundle
but can easily be used on its own to supplement your current curriculum as reinforcement, review, or enrichment of life science human body systems topics.
This bundle includes 140 total pages of:
- 30 Engaging human body INB activities offered with color or blackline illustrations. Nearly every activity fits on 1/2 a page so you save paper and can make half as many copies!
- Directions for each activity
- Answer keys
- Photographs of each activity from our INB
- 12 color and blackline title pages for each body system and 12 KWL charts that accompany the 31 activities - can be used to separate each body system and allow students to show their understanding, what they need/want to know and what they learned.
ACTIVITIES IN THIS HUMAN BODY INB BUNDLE INCLUDE
• 3 Intro/Review for Human Body
- blank template for a student created mini-book of human body systems, blank template for student or whole class created large book of systems, color and black line body system pictures for students to identify and describe organs and system function
• 3 Integumentary system
- layers of skin flipper, parts of the fingernail cut and paste identification and function activity (root, lunula, nail plate, free margin, matrix, nail bed), body temperature regulation flipper
• 2 Muscular system
- voluntary vs. involuntary muscles flipper, types of muscles flipper (cardiac, smooth, and skeletal muscle)
• 2 Skeletal system
- parts of a long bone cut and paste identification and function activity (periosteum, compact bone, marrow, spongy bone), types of bone cells flipper (osteoclast, osteoblast, osteocyte, lining cells)
• 4 Digestive system
- accessory vs. digestive tract organs flipper, types of digestive juices flipper (pancreatic juice, bile, gastric juice, saliva), organs of the digestive tract mini foldout, mechanical vs. chemical digestion flipper
• 3 Circulatory / Cardiovascular system
- types of circulation flipper (systemic, coronary, pulmonary), parts of the blood flipper (types of cells, plasma, platelets), parts of the heart flipper
• 2 Lymphatic / Immune system
- what causes diseases concept math cut and paste, types of lymphocytes flipper (NK, T, and B Cells)
• 2 Respiratory system
- parts of the respiratory system labeling activity (larynx, trachea, bronchial tubes, bronchioles, lungs, alveoli, diaphragm), breathing vs. cellular respiration concept map flipper
• 2 Urinary / Excretory system
- parts of the urinary system flipper, parts of the nephron cut and paste identification and function activity (glomerulus, arteries/veins, loop of henle, tubule, capillary bed)
• 2 Reproductive system
- sperm vs. egg cells venn diagram flipper, stages of development flipper (fertilization, zygote, embryo, fetus)
• 2 Endocrine system
- glands and hormones of the endocrine system cut and paste identification and function activity (thyroid, pituitary, parathyroid, adrenal, thymus, pancreas, ovaries, testes), diseases of the endocrine system cut and paste concept map
• 3 Nervous system
- parts of the brain cut and paste identification and function activity (left and right cerebral hemisphere, cerebellum, brain stem/spinal cord), neuron cut and paste identification and function activity (dendrite, cell body, nucleus, myelin sheath, axon, axon terminal), 5 senses flipper
This bundle is found in larger cost saving bundles including our
• Human Body Systems COMPLETE Bundle
which comes with PowerPoint & accompanying handouts, Interactive Notebook Activities, Task Cards, and Visual Word Wall.
• Life Science Bundled Interactive Notebook Activity Pack
which includes ALL of our Life Science INB Activity Packs.
• Life Science Supplemental Bundle
which has all of our Life Science INB Activity Packs, Task Cards, and Word Walls to supplement your instruction.
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
• Human Body Systems Bundle
• 3-d Frog Anatomy Paper Model
• 3-d Earthworm Anatomy Paper Model
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Interactive Science Notebook Bundle: Human Body Systems by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC