This human body unit has EVERYTHING
you need to teach young learners about the different human body systems! All you have to do is print, prep, and teach!
Detailed lesson plans include literature suggestions, hands-on activities, experiments, and crafts. Literacy and math printables inspire learning across content areas. There’s even QR codes and links to YouTube videos that fit in perfectly as well.
Click on the PREVIEW
to see the "My Stomach and Digestive System" part of this unit. This will give you an idea of how the unit and lesson plans are structured, along with the different types of activities included for each body system.
What’s Covered in the Unit:
• My Muscles and Muscular System (1 lesson)
• My Skeleton and Skeletal System (2 lessons)
• My Brain and Nervous System (2 lessons)
• My Heart and Circulatory System (2 lessons)
• My Lungs and Respiratory System (2 lessons)
• My Stomach and Digestive System (2 lessons)
• My Kidneys and Urinary System (1 lesson)
*This unit INCLUDES my best-selling, HUMAN BODY SYSTEMS FLIP BOOK! If you purchase the unit, you DO NOT need to buy the flip book separately.*
• Writing Prompts
• Write-the Room Literacy Centers
• Close Reading Passages
• Phonics (making words, /oo/ words, words ending in –ey, words beginning with in- and ex-)
• Word Wall Cards
• Verbs, Antonyms, Idioms, Brainstorming, and ABC Order Activities
Your kids will LOVE these! Students solve math problems to answers questions about the human body, like “How big are your kidneys?”, “How much does the brain weigh?” and “How many times do you breathe in one minute?” to name a few. Many worksheets have two different options: one for first grade, and one for second grade.
Math concepts covered include:
• addition and subtraction
• counting to 100
• number bonds
• even/odd numbers
• expanded form
• Body Systems Posters (these match the flip book)
• QR Codes to Human Body Videos on YouTube
• Key Learning Concepts/Objectives List
• Handwriting worksheets
*Please note that this is a ZIP file. It includes the PDF file of the unit and flip book. You will need to unzip the file after downloading it to access both the unit and the flip book.
Questions? Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check out my other units HERE!
Thanks so much for stopping by!