The Human Body and Drugs: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on human anatomy and physiology. Covers the types of drugs, social drugs, tobacco, alcohol, drug abuse, and more! See detailed list of topics below.
18 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on humans and drugs.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Try before you buy. Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sample pack includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Human Body Bundle of Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 18 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (18 pages)
- Complete answer keys (18 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
The 18 student pages include the following titles.
- What is a Drug?
- Medical Uses of Drugs
- Common Types of Drugs
- Social Drugs
- Hazards of Long Term Tobacco Use
- The Health Risks of Smoking
- Hazards of Long Term Alcohol Use
- Drug Abuse
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Depressants
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Narcotics
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Stimulants
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Hallucinogens
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Inhalants
- Commonly Abused Drugs - Anabolic Steroids
- Thinking Critically About Drugs
The above titles will cover the following information:
- Drugs: What are they? Where do they come from? How are they introduced into the body?
- Psychoactive drugs
- Medical uses for drugs: Prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, overuse of drugs.
- Common types of drugs: Students will complete a chart giving the type of drug, the use of the drug and the action of the drug. Includes antacids, antibiotics, antidepressants, anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and decongestants.
- Social Drugs: What are they, common social drugs, nicotine, alcohol, sources of nicotine and alcohol, definition of addiction.
- Tobacco: Nicotine, effects of nicotine, tars, effects of tars.
- Hazards of long term tobacco use: Health problems associated with smoking, second hand smoke.
- Alcohol: Depressant drugs, the effect of alcohol on the body, blood alcohol concentrations.
- Hazards of long term alcohol use: Alcoholism, fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, cirrhosis, and fetal alcohol syndrome.
- Drug Abuse: Addiction, tolerance, effective dose, lethal dose, withdrawal.
- Commonly abused drugs: Depressants, narcotics, stimulants, hallucinogens, inhalants, anabolic steroids.
- Thinking Critically About Drugs.
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page