Also included in
- Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips and pages for your Interactive Notebooks. Over 300 student pages covering all of the human body systems.This bundle includes the following 11 sets of my best-selling warm ups:Introduction to the Human BodyThe Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular,$49.99$68.50Save $18.51
- This resources consists of ONE FULL YEAR of Biology No Prep Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, and Inserts for Interactive Notebooks. This is a huge bundle of 35 sets of warm ups and bell ringers covering all chapters in a typical biology textbook:Introduction to ScienceCell Structure and FunctionEcologyGenet$175.00$248.64Save $73.64
Human Body Excretory System: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on human anatomy and physiology. Covers the organs of the excretory system, detailed drawings of the kidney and nephron, filtration, homeostasis, water balance, and more! See detailed list of topics below.
18 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your units on the human body.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 18 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (18 pages)
- Complete answer keys (18 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 18 student pages include the following titles.
The Excretory System:
- Introduction to the Excretory System
- Regulating the Internal Environment
- Waste Products
- The Kidneys
- Labeling the Kidney
- Introduction to the Nephron
- Labeling the Nephron
- Parts of the Nephron
- The Loop of Henley
- Maintaining Water Balance
- Thinking Critically About the Excretory System
- Review the Vocabulary
- Review: What’s the Relationship?
- Review: Fill in the Blanks
- Review: Multiple Choice
- Review: True or False?
The above titles will cover the following information:
- Introduction to the Excretory System: Organs and functions of the excretory system, excretion.
- Students will label kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, renal artery and renal vein on a drawing.
- Types of metabolic wastes and regulating the internal chemical environment of the body.
- The role of the kidneys in regulating waste removal and water loss. Students will label the parts of the kidney: cortex, medulla, renal pelvis, renal artery and vein.
- The Nephron: The function of the nephron, stages of removing metabolic wastes, filtration, reabsorption, secretion, excretion.
- Students will label the parts of the nephron: Bowman’s capsule, glomerulus, proximal convoluted tubule, loop of Henle, distal convoluted tubule, collecting tubule. Students will write functions of each structure.
- Filtration: Materials entering Bowman’s capsule, materials reabsorbed into the bloodstream.
- The role of the loop of Henle in removing wastes and regulating water balance.
- Critical thinking questions about the excretory system.
- 5 Review Pages: Reviewing the Vocabulary, What’s the Relationship, Fill in the Blank, True or False, and Multiple Choice to help students prepare for the unit test.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
Click on these links to view other available units:
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: