Human Body Skeletal, Muscular, and Integumentary Systems: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your units on human anatomy and physiology. Covers the human skeleton, bones, joints, types of muscle tissue, the structure of muscles and bones, skin, hair, nails and more! See detailed list of topics below.
33 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your units on the human body.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
How can these be used?
- Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
- Exit Slips
- Additions to Interactive Notebooks
- Homework assignments
- Tutoring and review
- Short daily quizzes
- Perfect for early finishers
- Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Try before you buy. Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sample pack includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Human Body Bundle of Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
Included in this product:
- 33 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (33 pages)
- Complete answer keys (33 Teacher Answer Pages)
- 5-page Teacher Guide
- Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
- Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
Please Note: These warm-ups are designed to take 5-7 minutes to complete. They are used for review and reinforcement of key concepts, but are not intended to be used as first-time instruction. Students will need prior instruction and/or textbook to complete these warm ups. This resource contains pages that can be used as warm ups, bell ringers, inserts for your interactive notebooks, homework assignments, or classwork.
This resource does not include teaching materials such as textbook readings, informational text readings, or a teaching PowerPoint.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 33 student pages are divided into three groups and include the following titles:
The Skeletal System: (14 titles)
- Introduction to the Skeletal System
- Skeletal System Concept Map
- The Human Skeleton
- Bone Identification
- The Structure of Bones 1
- The Structure of Bones 2
- Development of Bone
- Vertebral Column
- The Vertebrae
- Joints 1
- Joints 2
- Joint Identification
- Skeletal System Disorders
- Thinking Critically About the Skeletal System
The Muscular System: (11 titles)
- Introduction to the Muscular System
- Types of Muscle Tissue 1
- Types of Muscle Tissue 2
- The Structure of Muscles 1
- The Structure of Muscles 2
- Muscle Contraction
- The Movement of Bones 1
- The Movement of Bones 2
- Muscle Fatigue
- Muscle Multiple Choice
- Thinking Critically About the Muscular System
The Integumentary System: (8 titles)
- Introduction to the Integumentary System
- The Skin 1
- The Skin 2
- The Skin 3
- Structure of the Skin
- Glands of the Skin
- Nails and Hair
- Thinking Critically About the Integumentary System
The above titles will cover the following information:
- Introduction to the Skeleton: Functions, types of skeletons, structures found in the skeletal system.
- Axial and Appendicular skeletons, pectoral and pelvic girdles, identification of the major bones of the body.
- Structures found in bones, labeling cross section of a bone, development of bones.
- Joints: types of joints and examples of each.
- Skeletal system disorders.
- Introduction to the Muscular System: Types of muscle tissue (skeletal, smooth and cardiac)
- Identification of types of muscle tissue; structures found in muscle tissues (myofibrils, actin, myosin)
- Muscle contraction.
- The movement of bones: flexors, extensors, origin and insertion.
- Muscle fatigue.
- Introduction to the integumentary system: Functions and structures found in this system.
- The Skin: epidermis, dermis, keratin, melanin.
- Structures found in the skin: sensory neurons, blood vessels, sweat glands, oil glands. Students will label a picture of the skin.
- Glands of the skin, nails and hair.
- "Thinking Critically” pages for each of these three body systems.
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or anatomy and physiology classes.
Click on these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body and Drugs Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to the Animal Kingdom Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera, Cnidaria and Ctenophora Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Mollusca and Annelida Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Arthropoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Echinodermata and the Invertebrate Chordates
The Fish: Agnatha, Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page