This resource was created for the Human Development and Sexual Health strand of the updated Health Curriculum in Ontario – Grade 1. As a bonus, I included activities to support the Substance Abuse, Addictions, and Related Behaviours strand!
I tend to teach Health units with both fiction and non-fiction texts and lots of group discussion. The worksheets and activities are great for follow-up.
This product includes a 54 page resource plus a PowerPoint trivia game with 20 questions/slides:
BODY PARTS (INCLUDING PRIVATE PARTS/GENITALIA)
• Private Parts Discussion Posters
• Diagram of the Body - Differentiated diagrams for students to identify and label parts of the body
• Body Parts and Functions - Charts for students to state the location and function of various body parts
• Body Parts Bingo Boards and Pieces (Student-created Bingo boards)
• Bingo Calling Cards (which double as flash cards)
• Body Parts Word Search
FIVE SENSES AND FUNCTIONS
• Five Senses Posters
• Five Senses Sorting Cards
• Five Senses Sorting Page and Pictures
• How-To Writing - How to wash hands, brush teeth, blow nose
• When To Wash Your Hands
• Germ Attack - Write a fictional story about a germ attack
UNHEALTHY HABITS, HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES
• Turn Off the Screen Activities and Resources
• From Unhealthy To Healthy
• My Body and Me! A 20 question interactive trivia game!
PLUS A BOOK LIST AND UNIT IDEAS!
Don’t forget to check out the preview!
If you like this, you may be interested in:
Healthy Eating – Learning About the Food Groups
Fitness Spin – Daily Physical Activities
Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
Four Seasons – A Look at Seasonal Changes
Energy in Our Lives
Materials, Objects, and Structures – A Science Unit
The Five Senses activities and Body Parts graphic organizers in my Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
resource are also in this resource. If you already own my science unit, get in touch and I will send you one of my $2 or less resources.
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me in the Product Q&A section below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for looking!