Also included in
- Human Body Systems - Lessons, Lab Stations, Readings, Projects, and Activities. Everything you need plus many engaging, no-prep, no materials needed activities. This package will help you overcome the endless hours of preparation required to present a unit on the human body systems in an engaging anPrice $110.00Original Price $170.05Save $60.05
- The Human Digestive System - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Lesson Objective: • Students will be able to describe the structure and function of the digestive system as well as the path food takes through it• The students will learn about accessory organs, such as the liver, and how they aidPrice $15.47Original Price $17.16Save $1.69
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a Biology unit on Cells and Body Systems. In addition to the lessons, this bundle also comes with multiple readings, a test, quizzes, and a full day-by-day breakdown.Included in the package:5 weeks of teaching material9 Lessons - Each Lesson ContaiPrice $59.28Original Price $76.38Save $17.10
- This science package includes lessons and activities for SC.7-3. Human Body Systems and Disease. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use in my own classroom. SC.7-3. Human Body Systems and Disease: The student will demonstrate an understanding of the functions and interPrice $44.20Original Price $68.20Save $24.00
This two to three-day lesson contains everything you need to introduce or review the Human Digestive System including why we need a digestive system, its main components, and how they all work together to keep you alive. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, SIX videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Why do we have a digestive system?
- Main Components
- Digestive Enzymes
- Chemical and Mechanical Digestion
- Digestion Activity 1 and 2
- Digestive Organs
- Accessory Organs
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- 6 videos embedded into the presentation
- Bill Nye Video Worksheet
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
- "Such a great resource to help with instructional planning as well as student engagement!"
- "Excellent Powerpoint! Loved it!"
- "I used this in my classroom with sixth grade science students. They loved the videos and the connections. The demos were right on par for them, too."
- "Excellent resource. It was perfect! So far, this is the most helpful purchase I've made, because there is no way I could have put together something this good in the amount of time I had."
- "Yet another great resource."
- "Great product, used a final summary and review! Love the labs! "
- "Includes activities/demos and videos! Engaging and thorough. "
- "This was a wonderful resource! A great addition to my unit! "
- "Great unit!!! Thank you!!!!"
- "Excellent! Great quality pack with detailed information. Thank you for sharing!"
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson is part of my Biology - Cells and Body Systems Unit which includes the following Lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
- The Cell Theory
- Cell Structure
- The Importance of Cell Division
- Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division
- Specialized Cells
- Human Digestive System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.