Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this product I have a 7 page worksheet (single page) on human evolution and adaptation. I use it specifically in conjunction with a website created by the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History which can be found here. This product walks students through our evolutionary history and common ancestors. It can be used without the website as a stand-alone worksheet with a different type of reading on the topic.
The product is split into 7 different topics of our evolution:
1. Walking Upright (structural changes, adaptations, advantages/disadvantages)
2. Tools and Food (compare and contrast our tools with chimpanzees)
3. Bodies (how our changing diet changed us structurally)
4. Brains (advantages/disadvantages, effects of environment on development)
5. Social Life (Development, advantage to living in groups, parents caring for young)
6. Language and Symbols (How self expression played a role in our development)
7. Humans Change the World (Reaching the Americas)
The first section (Walking upright) has sentence starters for the first 6 questions to help students formulate their answers
Looking for other resources on adaptations and evolution? Check out my other resources: