Here it is: Unit 3- The Human Geography of the United States! This packet includes student activities, writing, and reading passages that all correspond to 4th Grade MC3 Unit 3. Each lesson comes with at least 5 pages of independent learning practice. These lessons are:
1. Questions Geographers Ask about Human Geography- An introduction to the themes of movement and human/environment interaction, including reading special purpose maps
2. Movement- Push and Pull Factors: A study of movement within the United Stats, including the Westward Movement/Oregon Trail, the Underground Railroad, Orphan trains, The Great Migration, and the Trail of Tears
3. Push and Pull Factors: A study of immigration to the United States, looking at the experience of immigration through Ellis Island and the influence of other cultures on American culture
4. The impact of immigration on the United States, with a study on diversity
5. Adapting to different environments in the United States, comparing life in different regions of the U.S.
6.How people have used the environment of the United States using special purpose maps to study different uses of the environment
7. Modifying the environment of the United States: discussing positive and negative consequences of environment modification, including the changes to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and wetlands
8. Looking at both sides of a public issue: A study of the Dakota Pipeline controversy
Each lesson is full of written reflections, reading passages with questions, and activities to reinforce the lesson.