From conception to death, individuals are constantly changing. The purpose of learning about the growth and development at various ages is advantageous for parents and when working in healthcare, education, daycare, or any other profession that involves understanding people at different stages in life.
Using your knowledge and critical thinking skills, about factors that influence normal growth and development throughout the life span, will help caretakers make effective personal and professional decisions.
This 19 page power point includes the following learning objectives:
* Characterize normal growth & development from birth to adulthood (infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood)
* Identify the processes and changes that occur throughout the life span
* Describe the changes that occur during each stage of development (physical, cognitive, emotional, social)
Identify stress related issues and coping skills for each stage of life
* Relate learning experiences and observations noted in this lesson in order to identify how they apply to your own life experiences
* Identify factors that put people at risk for developing psychological problems at any stage of life