I'm usually not big on digital projects - but my students and I love this one! It's a fun and engaging way to have students do exactly what the Next Generation Science Standard MS-ESS3-3 (or 08-ESS3-3) says: "Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment."
In this 3 - 4 day project, students will:
- Choose and analyze a scenario where humans have had a negative impact on the environment (centered around the air, water, and land pollution)
- Decide exactly what the negative impact is
- Design a solution to minimize further human impact
- Give feedback to peers, and improve their project based off of peer feedback
What you get:
- Google Docs/Slides/Forms AND Microsoft Word versions of everything - FULLY EDITABLE!
- Two possible learning targets
- Detailed possible procedures, including how to use this project in the Google Classroom
- An introduction PowerPoint/Google Slides that explains the entire process to students
- A rubric for the presentation
- A peer feedback form in both Word and Google Form formats
- Two full student samples
Everything is designed for as little front-end work as possible.
Thank you for looking!
Please rate, and check out our Facebook!