This product, by It’s Not Rocket Science,
is designed to be used as a project-based learning resource for students to learn about human impact on the environment. In this inquiry-based investigation, students will calculate an estimate of their personal carbon footprint and use it to design a short-term action plan for decreasing their environmental impact. Students will present plans to peers, receive feedback, and make adjustments. Their plans will be refined and students will implement their short-term action plan for ten days over a month long period, documenting their experience. Students will write a reflective essay about their experiences and the connections they see to global human impact and sustainability.
Do not purchase if you have already purchased my Ecology Unit Bundle, Biology Complete Curriculum Bundle,
or Biology Activities Bundle
because you already have this product!
• 5 pages of teacher implementation notes, including accommodations
• 8 pages of student handouts and rubrics
• Sample student work.
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
I love using this product in my classroom because it gives the students an opportunity to take what they are learning in the classroom and apply it to their own lives. They also reflect on the individual impact they are having on the environment and ways they could contribute to decreasing human impact.
This investigation is aligned with Next Generation Science Standard: HS-LS2.7
Design, evaluate, and refine a solution for reducing negative impact of human activities on the environment and ways to sustain biodiversity and maintain the planet’s natural capital.
What if I want to see a sample of how you write up projects?
Download my Children’s Book Project freebie HERE!
What if I want more?
This product is part of my Ecology Unit bundle. Be sure to check it out by clicking here!
What if I have a question?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to answer any questions you have!
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add at least one new product every week so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at It’s Not Rocket Science!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at 50% off by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.