Human Impact on Ecosystems Inquiry Lab Experiment: Ecobottles Lab
Also included in
- This package includes the complete lesson set for an Ecology Unit on Sustainable Ecosystems. 5 weeks of teaching material includes assignments, worksheets, boom cards, exit tickets, Bill Nye video worksheets, unit tests, and a lab. Save 75% compared with purchasing each item within the bundle separaPrice $69.31Original Price $88.74Save $19.43
- This science package includes lessons and activities for SC.7-4. Ecology: The Biotic and Abiotic Environment. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use in my own classroom. SC.7-4. Ecology: The Biotic and Abiotic Environment: The student will demonstrate an understandingPrice $58.50Original Price $112.41Save $53.91
- This Middle School Life Science Complete Bundle includes all the resources you need to teach Middle School Life science according to the NGSS. Your Bundle IncludesMS-LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and ProcessesMS-LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and DynamicsMS-LS3 Heredity: InheritPrice $187.00Original Price $288.98Save $101.98
- Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-LS1 NGSS (MS-LS1-1 to MS-LS1-8) curriculum. The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. Your purchase also includes a breaPrice $82.47Original Price $126.84Save $44.37
- Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-ESS2 curriculum (ESS3-1, ESS3-2, ESS3-3, ESS3-4, ESS3-5). The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. Your purchase also iPrice $67.97Original Price $133.19Save $65.22
- This Middle School Earth and Space Science Complete Bundle includes all the resources you need to teach Middle School Earth and Space science according to the NGSS. Your Bundle IncludesMS-ESS1: Earth’s Place in the UniverseMS-ESS2: Earth’s SystemsMS-ESS3: Earth and Human ActivityYour purchase also iPrice $182.00Original Price $280.04Save $98.04
This ecosystems lab allows your students to create and carry out a hands-on, engaging experiment on how humans affect our environment. It utilizes the steps in the scientific method to scaffold learning and allow your students to come to a conclusion based on findings that are tangible. This laboratory activity can also be found bundled in my Complete Ecology Unit
The lab includes:
- a full task overview with pictures
- a complete description of lab report components
- instructions that allow you to scaffold your student’s learning
- instructions which allow your kids learn to design an experiment on their own or with some help from you
- a complete rubric marking scheme
- Google and Office versions - one click and the Google versions will copy themselves to your Drive
- "We just finished this project up before the holidays and both I and my students loved it!"
- "My kids loved this. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it. I referred to the results many times as our year progressed. Thank you!"
- "This is a really cool experiment. My students are going to love it and learn a lot from going through the steps of the scientific method with it! Thanks!"
- "Great hands-on activity that allows students the practice of designing their own experiment and test variables."
- "Excellent step by step instructions! The visuals are a great addition! Thanks for sharing!"
- "My students loved this experiment!"
- "I love this and so do my students! Great resource! Thank you!"
- "Great activity for my middle schoolers."
- "Great lab for students"
- "My students love this handout experience. Since we've been online for so long, this was great for them."
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to Ecosystems and Ecological Succession.
- "Students took so much ownership of their learning using this! Thanks!"
- "Great resource! My students enjoyed it."
Please also keep in mind that you can find the complete Ecology Unit Package on Sustainable Ecosystems at my store. Save 38% compared with purchasing each item within the bundle separately. Click here to have a look. This ecosystems lab is now also included in that unit package.
Within the Unit you will find the following lessons:
Looking for other Ecology Culminating Tasks/Projects?
How about FOUR Bill Nye Worksheets with direct video link and answer key that relate to Ecology? CLICK HERE.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please come, have a look around, and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also please stop by my blog Teach With Fergy for news, resources, and my various ramblings.