This 5 week unit is designed to help teach students about the many impacts humans have had on our environment.
* History -skills and knowledge
* Geography - understanding of nature and the world around us
* Science - understanding the environment and how we impact on it
* English - reading, writing, comprehension, viewing and responding
The unit of work includes a plan for 5 lessons per week, roughly 60mins per lesson. It includes activities on:
* Air pollution
* Water pollution
* Land Clearing and Deforestation
* Specific environmental vocabulary and spelling from Grades 5-9
* Poetry - Haiku, Acrostic, Quatrains, Cinquains, and more
* Analysis of Dr Seuss' text "The Lorax"
* Analysis of the film "Wall-E"
This product includes all 71 slides with detailed lesson plans, worksheets, websites and resource links, and much more.
The hard copy of thie unit is also available to purchase on CD that will be mailed to you, which also includes video clips, visual images, and bonus activities. See my store on TeachersPayTeachers to preview.
Thankyou for previewing and purchasing this product - please leave feedback on how this unit worked for you as I'm always looking to tweak and improve!