How Does Human Population Growth Impact the Environment?
Watch your students discover the impacts the human population has on the environment with this fun, effective, and highly interactive webquest! In this web lesson, students will explore how human population growth, development, economics, and lifestyles impact the Earth’s environment. Students will interact with a real time-lapse satellite imagery of human development anywhere in the world to actual see the real impacts occurring through almost 3 decades! They will even calculate their personal impact through an ecological footprint calculator. Highly interactive and my students love it!
• Impact of Man Prior Knowledge High Interest Activity
• Riveting Simulation of World Population Growth
• Interactive Human Impact Satellite Imagery Timelapse Activity
• Human Impact by Bozeman Science Video Tutorial
• Ecological Footprint Calculator Interactive Activity
• Reflection For Future Environmental Impact Summary
On the EDITABLE guiding worksheet, developed by Science is Real, students will fill in the blanks to answer 35 questions in order, directly pertaining to the activities in the game. The answers are all easily found in the content and keep the student engaged, on task, and having fun learning the content.
All websites and interactives are safe, free, easy to access, and require no log-in or account. The links to the webquest are included on the handout, and I am providing them for you to preview here:
-Man and Environment Prior Knowledge Hook
-World Population Simulation
-Human Impact World Time Lapse Interactive
-Human Impact by Bozeman Science Video Tutorial
-Ecological Footprint Calculator Interactive Activity
-Dear Future Generations High Interest Reflection Video
Click on the Preview To Learn More!
Includes Answer Key!
This product is available in a DISCOUNTED BUNDLE!!!
Save Over 20% With the Biology WebQuest Discount BUNDLE!!!
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
CLICK TO FOLLOW SCIENCE IS REAL!
All Products are Discounted the First Three Days of Posting!
*** ARE YOU READING FOR THE BIOLOGY EOC? ***
Biology Final Exam EOC Review Study Guide WebQuest - Reviews ENTIRE Year!
Check Other Great Products from Science Is Real!
-Biodiversity, Water Pollution, and Biomagnification Environment Game & WebQuest
-Climate Change Interactive WebQuest
-Aquatic Ecosystems Interactive PowerPoint, Guided Notes, & Kahoot! Bundle
-Population Ecology and Dynamics PowerPoint, Notes, and Kahoot! Bundle
-Evolution by Natural Selection With Darwin Virtual Lab Activity
-Macromolecules Organic Molecules Interactive PowerPoint, Handout, & KAHOOT!