In this activity, students will analyze and identify color photographs of prepared slides of human connective, epithelial, muscular, and nervous tissues. These boom cards are a great way to train your students how to identify tissues by shape and detail when using a microscope. It also ties in tissues as a part of the biological hierarchy of organization in organisms.
Click here for online preview of Boom Card Deck – Human Tissue Review
– Use online Boom Learning Site with a project to question your students as a class.
– Use online Boom Learning Site with a project to give your students a quiz.
– Use online Boom Learning Site with one student per computer to complete the deck. This version is self-grading and recorded for you by class period.
– Put your desks in a circle. Print task cards out on white cardstock and have students pass cards in a circle. Have students work in pairs. Use a timer to keep students on task. Do NOT let students pass cards without your signal.
– Print task cards out on white cardstock and post these at eye level on the walls of your classroom or a hallway. Have students work in pairs. Use a timer to keep students on task. Do NOT let students move to the next card
without your signal.
free online timer app on your projector - Classroom Timers and Fun Timers
computer for teacher only and projector OR computers for each student OR white card stock, scissors, rubber bands, timer