This product addresses part of Next Generation Science Standard 4-LS1-1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes: Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
This product addresses the human/animal body systems/structures that work together to support life, survival, growth and reproduction. It contains sets of "Fact Cards" for 9 body systems along with instructions for making "matchbooks of facts" for each system. Other options for using the Fact Cards for each system:
1. Simply give each student the system information sheets and have them assemble the matchbooks. Glue finished matchbooks in students’ interactive science notebooks.
2. Mix up the Fact Cards so that students have to research and sort the fact cards before putting them in the matchbooks. Glue finished matchbooks in notebooks.
3. Mix up the Fact Cards and use them for a “Memory” or “Concentration” type game. Place all cards face down on a table. Students turn over two at a time and try to make sets.
4. Use the Facts Cards for a game of “Go Fish” where students try to collect system sets.
5. Use the Facts Cards for a class game where you hold up a card. The first group/student to identify the system, gets the card. Group/student who collects the most cards wins!
6. Use the “Fun Facts” blank cards and have students complete additional research to find interesting facts about each system. NOTE: There are enough “Fun Fact” blank cards spread throughout the system Fact Cards.
7. If you prefer, you can make “pockets” in students’ interactive science notebooks in stead of making the matchbooks.
8. If you prefer, you can simply staple the Fact Cards into little booklets and glue in students’ interactive science notebooks.
Table of Contents:
From Cells to Systems Poster
From Cells to System Half-Sheet Posters for Student Interactive Notebook
Human Body Systems Poster
Human Body Systems Half-Sheet Posters for Student Interactive Notebook
Nine Body System Matchbook Directions
You Have Options! Idea for Using the Fact Cards
Circulatory System Fact Cards
Respiratory System Fact Cards
Digestive System Fact Cards
Nervous System Fact Cards
Skeletal System Fact Cards
Muscular System Fact Cards
Excretory System Fact Cards
Endocrine System Fact Cards
Reproductive System Fact Cards
Animal Survival Composition
Looking for other 4th grade Next Generation Science products? Check out these links!
Animal Sense Receptors and How They Process Information: Next Generation Science 4-LS1-2
Plant Structure and Reproduction: Next Generation Science - 4-LS1-1
Plant and Animal Adaptations: Next Generation Science - 4-LS1-1
NGS 4-ESS1 Earth's Place in the Universe: Rock Formations and Fossils Tell the Story
NGS 4-ESS2-1 Earth's Systems: Weathering and Erosion
Plate Tectonics: NGS 4-ESS2-2
Natural Resources: Energy, Fuel, and the Environment: NGS 4-ESS-3-1
Natural Disaster Impacts and Solutions: 4th Grade NGS 4-ESS3-2
4th Grade Next Generation Science Earth Science Bundle
4th Grade Next Generation Science Life Science Bundle
4th Grade NGS 4-PS3-1: Speed and Energy
4th Grade NGS 4-PS3-2 Energy Transfer: Heat, Light, Sound, Electric
4th Grade NGS 4-PS3-3: Colliding Objects and Transfer of Energy
4th Grade NGS 4-PS3-4 Designing a Solar Oven
4th Grade NGS 4-PS4-1 Waves: Amplitude and Wavelength Patterns
4th Grade NGS 4-PS4-2 The Eyes and Reflecting Light
4th Grade Next Generation Science 4-PS4-3: Using Patterns for the Transfer of Information:
4th Grade Next Generation Science Physical Science Bundle
4th Grade Next Generation Science Complete Bundle