Also included in
- Need something for distance learning? This bundle has 8 resources that have been specifically made for Google Classroom. There are also resources that are perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. What do I receive?The 8 Google Classroom resources are online resources. Wh$80.00$122.50Save $42.50
- Looking for something exciting for Google Classroom? This project based learning unit focuses on the study of animals. Students will love using this interactive resource to study animals and use creative thinking to explore ideas. To gain a deeper understanding of the functions$32.00$46.00Save $14.00
Looking for something exciting for Google Classroom? This project based learning unit focuses on the study of hummingbirds as well as hummingbird moths. Students will love using this interactive resource to study animals and use creative thinking to explore ideas. To gain a deeper understanding of the functions and strategies used by hummingbirds, there are slides with links to carefully selected videos.
1. Introduction to Biomimicry for teachers with an example of "an invention" inspired by dugongs.
2. What is Biomimicry?
3. A cool idea.
4. Facts about hummingbirds.
5. Awesome Dancing Hummingbird with link to YouTube video.
6. Stunning hovering.
7. Interesting Hummingbird Observations
8. Fantastic flying.
9. Unusual wing structure.
10. Hungry Hummingbirds.
11. Interesting Hummingbird Observations - Feeding.
12. Hummingbird Beak & Tongue.
13. Hummingbird nest.
14. Build like a hummingbird.
15. Lessons from a flying architect!
16. Eco Friendly Hummingbird Buildings.
17. Hummingbird Poem.
18. I love Hummingbirds because. . .
19. Hummingbird or Insect.
20. Hummingbird moth.
21. Hummingbird Detective.
22. Random inspiration.
23. My ideas.
24. My invention.
25. What I have learned.
26. Cool ideas I have explored.
What do I receive?
This product is an online resource.
What do I need?
This resource works great with laptops, iPads, and Chromebooks. If using iPads, the Google Slides app will give you the best experience.
How do I use?
This paperless resource can be used independently, with partners, in small groups, and even whole group as a class lesson. It can be used in Science Centers.
If you have any questions or issues with this resource, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be happy to try to help you!
IMPORTANT: These are digital resources, so please only purchase this resource if you have the capabilities in your classroom to use it. You need resources such as computers, laptops, or tablets, Internet access, and a Google account.
Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
A very comprehensive, thorough, and unique resource to teach elementary students about biomimicry! An excellent addition to any biology unit!
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I am a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
#animals #birds #hummingbird#googleclassroom#biomimicry #steam #stem #NGSS #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #projectbasedlearning #digitalactivities #IndependentWorkPackets #digitalactivities