This file contains the first two units of the book titled Humor Your English Grammar: A Trouble-shooting Guide and Workbook.
It contains these key points:
1. Purpose, content and organization of the book.
2. Three assumptions.
3. Four approaches to grammar.
4. A clever, informative list of 33 prescriptive grammar rules.
5. English as an enriched language--brief info of its three historical periods.
6. English as a popular, powerful language today-- toward global dominance.
7. English as a challenging language for users and learners—a poetic complaint.
8. Plus questions for discussion and exercise items at the end of each unit.
As always, your constructive feedback will be sincerely appreciated.