Is art that is humorous less important than more “serious” art? In this unit students investigate artists that use humor in their work. Students then use clay to make a sculpture that shows the use of farce, hyperbole, metaphor, puns or reframing.
This unit includes:
- Studio and Electronic Assessment Portfolio components
- Unit Objectives, Enduring Understandings, Essential Questions
- Suggested timeline outline with an introduction to each component
- Assessment rubrics with Common Core Anchor Standards/8 Studio Habits alignment
- Links to Online Supporting Resources
- Student Pack folder with all electronic student handouts
- Teacher notes and hints based on practical experience from teaching these units
You can preview the main supporting slideshow, Humorous Vessels
, before purchasing.